Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My name is Helena, and I'm an International Student


Meet Helena, a Fordham College Sophomore with a double major in Visual Arts and Art History:


I've been traveling for as long as I can remember. I have lived in Australia, Chile, and Malaysia, and could not be happier with my current location in New York City! The vitality of this city is amazing, and I can fully attest that this is THE place to be as a college student.

Having spent three years of high school at the International School of Kuala Lumpur, I understand all the challenges that come along with being an international student. It's hard enough to go through the college application process, but trying to decide where to spend the next four years of your life from across the world is a whole different story. Since I grew up surrounded by so many varied cultures and viewpoints, having a multicultural college experience was very important to me. Fordham has certainly not disappointed! The Jesuit ethos of inclusion, coupled with the fantastic location in one of the most globalized cities in the world makes Fordham an ideal school for students seeking all kinds of cultural experiences.

Fordham's main selling point for me, aside from the stellar academics, was the wealth of opportunities that being a student here has afforded me. In addition to the learning that takes place within the classroom, students are encouraged to pursue a host of educational experiences through internships, extracurricular activities, and fun excursions to the city! There is no end to the growth one can experience here.

All the best with your college search and we hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment