Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The First Days of Spring in New York!

After a long winter with record amounts of snow for the New York area, spring has finally sprung. Everything is getting green again, the first flowers are poking their heads out of the ground to meet rays of warm sunlight, and Fordham looks as beautiful as ever.

The other day, I had the chance to take a walk around Central Park in Manhattan, which was filled with people enjoying the beautiful weather. I took the Ram Van, the shuttle that runs between Fordham's Bronx and Manhattan campuses, and walked over to the park. Luckily, I had my camera and was able to take some photos of the first few days of my favorite season.











A photo of my roommate blowing bubbles by the boating pond in Central Park.

Central Park is one of my favorite places in all of New York City, and it is at its most beautiful in the Spring. One of the cool things about the Park is that it was designed to represent all of the different landscapes of the United States. There are huge lawns and sports fields, ponds and reservoirs, a woodland walk called "The Ramble," and lots of hidden nooks and crannies. There's even a castle--yes, a castle--near the West Side of the Park.



The Castle has an observatory, which is one of the most popular places for birdwatching in New York. It also gives you a fantastic view of the City. I'll have to make sure to walk over there in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment